 General / 55134
Re: possible answer to yellowed parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 02:17:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
I found this article here
http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/
about a process to reverse the yellowing of ABS computer parts.
Anyone know if the same thing would work for yellowed and UV damaged LEGO?
Anyone want to take a sacrificial UV damaged part (one thats not worth much
and easily replaceable) and try it themselves?

Holy moley, that's quite dramatic.  I have an abundance of old elements that
have yellowed badly.  If I can dig them up, I'll definitely give this a try.

Heck, if it works, it'll even be worth buying a Billy Mays product like
Oxy-Clean!

Dave!

I know regular household peroxide does a great job on white and gray parts.