 General / 54902 (-10)
  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) ?????? (16 years ago, 16-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Indeed. They rendered the cypress tree extinct, after all. Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) What on Earth for? I can't say I've ever found how other adults view my hobby to be a problem. I don't go out of my way to tell people what I do with my spare time. If they do find out, I just shrug it off with 'everyone needs a hobby' or (...) (16 years ago, 16-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) What on Earth for? I can't say I've ever found how other adults view my hobby to be a problem. I don't go out of my way to tell people what I do with my spare time. If they do find out, I just shrug it off with 'everyone needs a hobby' or (...) (16 years ago, 16-Sep-08, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Thoughts? Any other ways to improve the hobby image of LEGO? When I'm looking for Lego's at garage sales a lot of the people will say they aren't selling them because their kids are still playing with them. I answer that I understand since I'm (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) The image of an adult playing, designing or building with legos will always be what it is, regardless of how much it wants to be glorified as a design specialty. In and out of the professional environment. We did some desk accesories for Lego (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) It's easy. When somebody asks, "You still play with LEGO?" you say, "Yes." (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Bring your minifigs to work! I remember "Bring Your Minifig To Work Day - Dec. 13, 1996" If you search Google Groups, you'll see my posting with the above title. I brought in 45 minifigs that day. :-) Jeff (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

In lugnet.general, Dave Sterling wrote: SNIPPY (...) Then I ask them how much pain playing with Lego inflicts on wildlife and they don't have an answer.... ;-) (yeah, Lego isn't that good for the environment, I know) Tim (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I generally don't worry about it too much. Most people that I meet actually don't find it that odd. If anything, they find it a quirky but acceptable hobby. I actually get stranger reactions from people when I tell them that I paint miniatures (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact