 General / 54897 (-10)
  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) The image of an adult playing, designing or building with legos will always be what it is, regardless of how much it wants to be glorified as a design specialty. In and out of the professional environment. We did some desk accesories for Lego (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) It's easy. When somebody asks, "You still play with LEGO?" you say, "Yes." (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Bring your minifigs to work! I remember "Bring Your Minifig To Work Day - Dec. 13, 1996" If you search Google Groups, you'll see my posting with the above title. I brought in 45 minifigs that day. :-) Jeff (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

In lugnet.general, Dave Sterling wrote: SNIPPY (...) Then I ask them how much pain playing with Lego inflicts on wildlife and they don't have an answer.... ;-) (yeah, Lego isn't that good for the environment, I know) Tim (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I generally don't worry about it too much. Most people that I meet actually don't find it that odd. If anything, they find it a quirky but acceptable hobby. I actually get stranger reactions from people when I tell them that I paint miniatures (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I'm not sure that's really a fair assessment-- or, rather, the tone implies that everyone else at Lego was clueless until Jake showed them how it's done. But that's not really the case. I think it was more true that certain groups within the (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) TLC is still trying to come to grips with the fact that we _do_ still collect. You'd think it would be a no-brainer. I mean, here's a company that leaves bowls of bricks out on their conference tables that you are _encouraged_ to play with (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I don't generally mention payments that the club receives for shows because our members aren't actually _paid_ to participate. We try to reimburse stuff like parking and any applicable admission costs (though we always try to make sure we get (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I think it may have a lot to do with your own feelings towards others. As I read your post, I'm not sure of the tonal inflection of the person saying "you still play with LEGO?"--is the inflection one of disgust, or one of excitement? That in (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Hmm, perhaps it's the people I associate with or just something about my age but I don't usually seem to have this problem. Most times when the subject of my lego habits comes up the response is more in the "whoa sweet!" line, and maybe a (...) (16 years ago, 14-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact