 General / 54835
Re: What ever happened to polybags?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:07:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brian Kendig wrote:
I remember when Lego polybags were everywhere - you know, the little crinkly
plastic bags that hung on racks on endcaps in Target and Walmart and even
grocery stores, that contained a twenty- or thirty-piece set, usually with one
minifig, for three or four dollars?

I realized it's been years since I've seen a polybag set anywhere! I was looking
for Indiana Jones sets and decrying that the cheapest set is $10 and the prices
ramp up sharply from there - if anything was the perfect opportunity for a
little polybag set, it's Indiana Jones.

What ever happened to polybags? What was the last polybag set released?

If you count the sets included with a Brickmaster subscription, then polybags
are still around, though those sets are a little larger, perhaps 60-100
elements.  And you can still find some of the Creator polybag sets at LEGO Brand
Retail stores.

The Indiana Jones Jungle Cruiser set (a jeep) was included with Brickmaster
around the May issue.

-Jordan Schwarz