 General / 5458
Re: legofest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 13:15:19 GMT

Hi  Steve,

At this time I'm testing the waters to see what the feedback would be to
a legofest in Las Vegas the 6th of Nov.

I wont participate, but wish you succes.

One of the things I would like to hold is a live auction
where people can bring sets or pieces and auction them off at the
get together.

I would not advise it, we did the same in Holland to. End at the end the guy
or gal who has more money then evereybody else, is able to buy all he or she
wants. Another effect is that the participants of the meeting are bidding
against eachother. Like Ebay and thats a little controversial I think.
At the end we lost both clubs, because some members said right, the same
people are always overbidding everybody else, its nice for the seller. But
not for the well being of all the participants of the meeting and the
communication in between.

Would also encourage people to bring sets or pieces to
trade or sell.

This is a better way, try to trade and both parties will be satisfied. People
who cant trade will see an set with a price tag and will be able to buy the
set. I dont mind making the price selling higher as for trading, buts thats
the deal you make with another customer whos trading to. On the other hand
its always like this, "Whats the value of an set ?"
Nothing more or less then what another guy is willing to pay for it. So I
know my own prices and Im not surprised of  someone wants to negosiates about
the price, but if he does nt okay, thats the value.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in please
let me know.

Lmk how it went please, I like to keep track of all the different meetings
all over the world.

Thanks,
Steve DeCraemer

Greetings and good luck