 General / 54497 (-10)
  Base plate thickness?

Hi all, I have this hankering to know the thickness of a baseplate. Not a regular plate, but a baseplate. I found the FAQ page with dimensions of bricks and plates and studs ( www.lugnet.com/~330/...dimensions ) but cannot seem to find out how thick (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

In lugnet.general, Jason J Railton wrote: <snip> (...) I'm runnign Dick Swan's alternate firmware that he sent me a while back. Dave K (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) I doubt that's possible - a bytecode program just can't run fast enough to do the timing for the IR commands, on either brick. The NXT can only manage it because it sends them over a slow comms link to a HiTechnic IRLink sensor, then that (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) <snip> Nicely done John! Is there a tentative timeframe when NQC for the RCX will be updated to support IR to the LEGO powerfunctions? Dave K (17 years ago, 2-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) In collaboration with Jason Railton I have modified/extended the NBC and NXC API functions for the HiTechnic iRLink device in support of the newly documented Power Function modes as well as the R/C Train IR protocol. I uploaded a new (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: What would happen to your collection....

(...) I concur. It's a fantastic idea. Hard to implement, but we'll see what happens. Dave K (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would happen to your collection....

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Patterson wrote: <snip> (...) For myself, I'm probably going to go this particular route. Get it in writing and hopefully leave less aggravation for those I love. When it comes to expensive items that aren't covered (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would happen to your collection....

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dave Sterling wrote: <snip> (...) That's what my friend wants--that her husbands collection go to someone that will appreciate it. I'll see her this weekend and give her all these ideas. Dave K (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would happen to your collection....

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John P. Henderson wrote: <snip> (...) That's a good start to an idea that may come to fruition as our fan base increases. Thanks for the idea! Dave K (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would happen to your collection....

What a fantastic idea! Maybe not a formal charity to start with but a group of people that volunteer to do things like run benefit auctions or "vendor" tables at brick events with the proceeds donated to a stated charity. It could start out as a (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact