 General / 54294
54293  |  54295
Subject:
Business query
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 04:34:04 GMT

I noticed quite a number of non-toy items in the sales and deals section of
lego.com
<http://shop.lego.com/SalesAndDeals/Default.aspx?va=1>

If I am not mistaken, these showed up in a catalog for the first time at the
beginning of the summer. (ie: a new product)

It seems like a huge loss of revenue to me - clearancing them out like this, so
quickly.

Does anyone know why a company would do this?  Do they typically just have
budgets in other areas that they need to use up?

This isn't at all a knock on TLG.  I am just trying to understand.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Jonathan