 General / 54093
54092  |  54094
Subject:
Seeking Jewish Lego leads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:03:28 GMT

Dear all,

I'm giving a workshop called "Jewish Lego for All" at the National Havurah
Institute in two weeks (that's a yearly, week-long Jewish get-together for about
300 people; you can learn about it at havurah.org). In the workshop description,
I promised an "overview of what's happening in the Jewish Lego world" (as well
as building of 3 models I designed-- details in another newsgroup in a few
weeks).

So, what's happening in the Jewish Lego world? A cursory Google search provided
a few leads (e.g. efforts to build the "world's tallest Lego menorah"), but if
you know of interesting Jewish activity by AFOLs, I'd love to hear about it.

Oh, but please-- let's not get into the whole "Lego concentration camp" thing. I
know about that already.

I couldn't find a Lugnet newsgroup to follow up to that seemed appropriate, but
if you have a suggestion, I'm happy to move follow-ups to a more specialized
location.

Thanks very much!

Judy Miller