 General / 53857 (-10)
  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Ok, I found where you can get the direct URL to the image on Flickr, but the rules say you must include a link back to Flickr if you post the URL to another web page. (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) This is where I think there's a lot of opportunity to create a "Flickr Viewer" app using the Flickr API. You can have the same user experience of fast, LEGO-only surfing and still use Flickr. I'm also not convinced that Brickshelf is/was (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) That's the dilemma. Easier for the uploader, but harder for the surfer to find. I am too familiar with the Brickshelf/maj model and will stick with it for the time-being. JOHN (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) What about "hot linking" to a photo in Flickr? I can't find an easy way to do that, and that was one of the things I liked best about Brickshelf. jt (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

(...) I just hate speculating in the dark about all of this, but that's my sense. For now, I'm simply going to reupload all of my pics to my maj.com account (which is the same username and password for all former Brickshelf accounts). I just hope (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Hey! This is great info! For a while I was planning to just move all my stuff to maj.com but Flickr pro w/ Flickr Uploadr sounds much easier. Thanks. Adr. (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

I would like to thank Kevin. Brickshelf has meant alot to me since the nineties as a resource for ideas. I look at brickshelf on a daily basis for inspiration. I'm just not that creative and learned alot about techniques. Lugnet and brickshelf are (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

(...) Feeding keywords, in the AdSense context is incredibly ineffective. This isn't a jab at Kevin, simply a bit of reality about how AdSense works. One of the reasons AdSense favors well trafficked blogs, forums, and news sites is that they post a (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

(...) As I mentioned earlier, he himself said that he was making a small profit off Brickshelf. I would try finding his post but Zerostuds was only up for around two weeks and wasn't picked up by the Wayback Machine crawlers at all. I can imagine (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf and the AFOL community

(...) Or he's focusing his efforts on maj.com, which as far as I can tell is based on Brickshelf's code. (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact