 General / 53822 (-20)
  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

Hi Jake! Thanks for the information and clarification. (...) Hm, having 94MB worth of MOC pictures on my HD that sounds manageable. Bye Jojo (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) There is something I think we all need to think about for a moment- it's still the weekend. If we don't get any word by, say, Monday afternoon then it's off to MAJ, Flickr, or whatever works for each of us. Adr. (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution

(...) Christopher, I've not read all the posts on this topic, so I didn't realize people were disrespecting Kevin for the changes to Brickshelf. This is completely uncalled for and should stop right away. I appreciate your approach to the change, in (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) It is clear to me you have never had to deal with Kevin before. I'm not a whiner, but I know when a battle is lost. (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Brickshelf.com – A Possible Solution

Hello everyone. While many may not recognize my name, I am a long time AFOL. And while I barely post, I am an active and appreciative member who has watched the Lego community grow from it’s infancy since the mid 90s (wow, I really feel old now). (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) I forgot to mention (URL) BrickWiki> is also severely crippled as we were using special templates to link to BS folders and images in a huge number of articles. (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Different situation; there were issues beyond your control involved with the loss of data and the lack of backups. In addition, discussion of the situation was out in the open. Jeff (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) While it may well be true that he is reading these posts, the fact that the hole was closed implies no such thing. As a server admin, he's going to see traffic. When he gets a sudden huge spike in traffic to a site that he just shut down, he's (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Yes, on this we agree! ...And I too was trying to look at all sides fairly. You are right though, BS hasn't been down long and we don't know all the facts yet... And I do thank you and the others who have tried for any effort toward finding a (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) It no longer works. Clearly, someone is reading these posts and responding by making changes to the site. Kevin (or whomever is managing the site), since you're obviously reading, can you please let us know what's going on? If it's a financial (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

I'm not sure where to post this in this thread, so I'm just going to throw it out there. If anyone here decides they want to take action (as I said, I'm not sure what) to build or rebuild the sort of service we had with BS, I want to make one (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) That hole has apparently been plugged. It was open a few minutes ago, then it was closed. Which means that Kevin is reading this, and this is unlikely to be a hacker attack. Kevin, I think it would be a good idea if you could take a couple of (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Looks like that one has now been taken down as well. Jeff (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

Hendo, I will reply here to your post, but will try to cover everything above it as well. Please do not think that everything is pointed at you. (...) Please not that my original post specifically said "SOME" and not "ALL" replies. I can certainly (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Aarg! Must be early... or I must be tired, anyway. I mean to replace the xxxx with the actual details and forgot before hitting submit. Anyway, for the free accounts, you get according to Flickr ((URL) you have a free Flickr account, you can (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) There are two levels: Free, which gives you xxxx, and paid, which removes any and all restrictions for $25/year. (...) There is a fairly easy solution to this: simply set some guidelines for you "tag" your photos. Other Flickr users can also (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) While I respect the direction you have steered this conversation, I have to say I disagree with some of your comments Troy. First of all, many of the replies here have simply voiced frustration or concern over the possible loss to the online (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) <https://www.brickshelf.com/ Try this.> Click OK to be able to view it. (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) You expected rounds of applause? (...) The people who used Brickshelf were very grateful for it - at no point, even now, have we become "ungrateful". The whole reason we are angry and disappointed is because it was a site we cared about. Most (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Sorry to follow-up to my own post (I wish I could simply edit the existing post instead). Forgot to mention that Flickr also has an incredible robust API that allows other sites to tap into the functionality of Flickr with relative ease. Three (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact