 General / 53802 (-10)
  Re: Brickshelf secured?

(...) Apparently so. https://www.brickshelf.com/ is still up and perfectly accessible (note the "s" in the "https"). Whether by accident or intent, I should think this indicates the crisis is not as dire as some tantrums have portended. Jim (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) I'd have to take great exception to this point. I love Flickr. It's an absolutely fantastic. There have been slower periods, certainly, but honestly I've only noticed them pre-Yahoo! acquisition when they were growing in leaps and bounds and (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Troy, something like this doesn't have to be either black or white, one side or the other. Brickshelf can be awesome because it's free and a good resource and it can also suck because it wasn't really ever improved and *especially* because it (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Brickshelf secured?

Hello all. I found this on bricklink just a minute ago. (URL) like brickshelf is a secured site. Scott Member 718 (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Yeah, so maybe our Flickr experiences are very different. I love the site. I've loved it since it first came out. The interface is clean, the commenting and annotation system is outstanding and etc etc etc. It has about a dozen good features (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) I agree with you with regards to the the one-stop-shop-ness but I'm not sure we are going to see that again anywhere. I would much prefer to use somethng with a bigger user and support base, whose to say the same won't happen to Maj? tim (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) It was enough that he had to incorporate the website to even be allowed the option of purchasing the amount of bandwidth that he needed, as the "personal use" chart topped out well below his needs, and they apparently wouldn't make exceptions (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Except that even the worst host would allow his guests to grab their jacket and car keys before throwing them out the door. Of course he was within his rights and of course we should be grateful for what BS was and work to replace it. However, (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Well, the discontinuation of Brickshelf is a big bummer. As people have indicated elsewhere, it has been a major pillar of our AFOL community since the beginning. Flickr Schmickr. What I valued most about Brickshelf is that it was one-stop (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) the links issue is really too bad, it's a hard reality of internets life. our viclug site has a links and tools page that is heavy with brickshelf links and it won't be fun updating it. there's a large array of folders locally here that are (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact