 General / 53792 (-20)
  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Ads dont work unless people click on them. --- Rick (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Absolutely. We were all guests at his house, if you will. At some point the party is over and he has a right to turn out the lights and send us home. I see nothing wrong with his decision. I'm saddened by it, there was lots of inspiration on (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) That is a very good point. On Brickshelf you could upload CAD files, movies, PowerPoint presentations, etc. Flickr can't do that. In fact I don't know of any online gallery that does. David (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Please bring BS back - at least in a locked version!!

Sorry about the double post here, Troy's post got me confused about who was actually behind Brickshelf, so please disregard the one above this. Damn I hate that you can't edit your posts here :( Cheers NB (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Please bring BS back - at least in a locked version!!

Thanks a lot for dragging Kevin out of the flames Troy, I couldn't agree more. Now, I don't know what has happened, but we know that BS was a problem for Kevin, and he may have good reasons for not wanting to continue it. However from a (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Please bring BS back - at least in a locked version!!

Thanks a lot for dragging Kevin out of the flames Troy, I couldn't agree more. Now, I don't know what has happened, but we know that BS was a problem for Kevin, and he may have good reasons for not wanting to continue it. However from a (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) And I hear the 'Invite To Chat' function is going to be ready pretty soon too. Cheers Richie Dulin Stajinaria Community Overlooker (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

Hello! (...) I admit it would have been good to get a warning before BrickShelf was shut down. However, I have been using it excessively, all my Lego pictures were stored there for free, and I was thankful that a Lego picture service like this (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Same as you've always had to do when a site linked here disappeared - repost with a new link, or live with it. ROSCO (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Although there are many other picture hosting site can anyone recommend a site that will allow you to upload other file types such as Lego CAD files? Tim (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) So how do we fix lugnet post links? Tim (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) It says nothing of the sort. As a JLUG admin we had a similar decision to make very recently, and chose the same path. We had no obligation to warn anyone, even though we had a picture gallery with pics people may not have kept a copy of. (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) No, Flickr is a load of garbage. It's way, way slower to load than just about any other image-hosting site I've ever used, it has crap size restrictions on the actual image presentations for no reason other than it wants to maintain a "site (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) After reading this thread I am a little confused. I had always thought that the ads such as Amazon.com or personal Lego sales such as is on Bricklink paid the cost of these sites like Lugnet and Peeron. Peeron asked for donations to speed up (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) -snip- (...) Well put, Troy, spotlighted. Kevin owes 'the community' nothing. 'The community' owes brickshelf a lot. Cheers Richie Dulin LEGO Ambassador (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

Sounds bad. I keep local copies of anything I upload on the internet, but a lot of good stuff on there will have been lost if this is genuine. I don't think it was hacked, as the Zerostuds forum went down the same way last year. The general image (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) The loss of Brickshelf, even for a temporary period, is a serious loss to the LEGO community. I visit the site every day and depend on it a great deal. Without knowing the circumstances or the facts, some of you have attacked Kevin based on (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) If this turns out to be permanent, I am glad that there are alternatives out there. But when I started out here on Lugnet, it was because of Brickshelf. Had I not had a free service with which to use to upload my LEGO related photos, I don't (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) **Snip** (...) **snip** (...) Okay, folks-- Troy: Point made. While I am sad that this service has ended, if someone was running it out of pocket, bless them. I do resent being called a vulture, however--I have said nothing against a man I (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Pardon me, but if you provide a MAJOR service to a community that a huge number of people use, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT IS FREE OR NOT, it is pure politeness and respect to GIVE WARNING BEFORE YOU DISCONTINUE SERVICE. Honestly, to do otherwise (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact