 General / 53777 (-5)
  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

Sounds bad. I keep local copies of anything I upload on the internet, but a lot of good stuff on there will have been lost if this is genuine. I don't think it was hacked, as the Zerostuds forum went down the same way last year. The general image (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) The loss of Brickshelf, even for a temporary period, is a serious loss to the LEGO community. I visit the site every day and depend on it a great deal. Without knowing the circumstances or the facts, some of you have attacked Kevin based on (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) If this turns out to be permanent, I am glad that there are alternatives out there. But when I started out here on Lugnet, it was because of Brickshelf. Had I not had a free service with which to use to upload my LEGO related photos, I don't (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) **Snip** (...) **snip** (...) Okay, folks-- Troy: Point made. While I am sad that this service has ended, if someone was running it out of pocket, bless them. I do resent being called a vulture, however--I have said nothing against a man I (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Pardon me, but if you provide a MAJOR service to a community that a huge number of people use, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT IS FREE OR NOT, it is pure politeness and respect to GIVE WARNING BEFORE YOU DISCONTINUE SERVICE. Honestly, to do otherwise (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact