 General / 53772 (-10)
  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) I second that, Thanks Troy. I would say more, but I am currently busy re-uploading pics for my store. I am also happy to pay for the service brickshelf has provided. I assumed that Brickshelf was part of LUGNET, and that my donation was to (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

You and 3/4 of the people on Lugnet. --- Rick (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

It would have been nice if only the accounts of people who didn't donate money to Brickshelf were gone. I imagine that doing that would have reduced the number of files on the site to about 1% of what it was. As a Brickshelf member who donated to (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Looks like it's gone for good... :( I would happily pay a fee (like the Lugnet $10) to be able to post my photos again, if it meant keeping Brickshelf online. Dan and Jennifer, thank you for trying to find a solution with Kevin. Maybe you guys (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

Troy, thank you for posting this - much more eloquently than I would have been able to. Dan (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general) !

  Whiners Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

This is not directed at Tim, but rather some of the whiners that responed to his post above... When I first saw that BrickShelf was down, I was all gung-ho to see what I could do to help bring it back up. As the host for Classic-Castle, I do have (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) Ack! Not a good thread to walk into... ...Unfortunately, it's not just one's own photos being lost (if this is true). I keep copies of my MOC images on CD ROM, and recent ones on my hard drive. But that doesn't save the numerous MOCs of other (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) If Kevin would need Peeron to help with that, it can be done. Keep in mind that Brickshelf proper was a *huge* bandwidth hog - I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was multiple TB/mo. Dan (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) i just sent off an email with the 2 main questions everyone is asking. hopefully we'll get some answers. ondrew p.s. is there anyone who could temporaraly host brickshelf for lets say 2 weeks so people can backup there photos? (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problems with Brickshelf?

(...) But would anyone trust another of his sites now? Remember he did the same thing with zerostuds.com - suddenly it was just gone. For a site which he must have known a lot of people check daily and was a cornerstone of the Lego community, this (...) (17 years ago, 15-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact