 General / 53212 (-10)
  Re: Nonexistant links in Early LEGO History site

(...) Hey Thanks Guys! I'll get my buddy working on it tomorrow! Try again Tuesday evening. I'll get this changed ASAP!! Gary Istok (18 years ago, 26-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Nonexistant links in Early LEGO History site

(...) AGREED! David (18 years ago, 26-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Very Complex Early LEGO History

(...) You might want to look at using something other than Micro$oft Word to design your webpages, so people using browsers other than Internet Exploiter can download them. Those download links don't work in other browsers. ROSCO (18 years ago, 25-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Very Complex Early LEGO History

OK, I am going to insult 99% of all Adult Fans Of LEGO.... "99% of all AFOLs have no clue as to how complex 1950's and 1960's LEGO sets and parts really are!" OK, now I'll appologize.... Sorry! And now I'll explain.... :-D Anyone who has ever looked (...) (18 years ago, 25-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A quick LEGO History

Thanks Jim! For questions relating to the history of the LEGO company and the Christiansen family, Jim Hughes is really the subject matter expert. He has done a lot of research about both, whereas my area of research is focused more on the LEGO sets (...) (18 years ago, 25-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Simple and to the point...

Merry Christmas to everyone and may we all have a happy and prosperous new year! Joe Editor/Publisher, BrickJournal (18 years ago, 25-Dec-06, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general)

  Re: A quick LEGO History

(...) No. Godtfred used the name Lego in branding his wooden toys (typically by an ink stamp on the bottom). The first incorporation of the company was in 1944. From my website: In April 1944 Lego switched from a sole-trading firm to a private (...) (18 years ago, 24-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A quick LEGO History

(...) was actually looking for an answer to a timeline-related question: What dates did TLG start calling itself TLC and then back again? -Hendo (URL) (18 years ago, 24-Dec-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: A quick LEGO History

1970 was a very tumultuous year at TLG. A lot of bad things were in progress at the same time.... 1) the USA Samsonite license fiasco. 2) the death of Hanne Christiansen. 3) a new law passed by the Italian parliament. In October of 1969 on their way (...) (18 years ago, 24-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A quick LEGO History

(...) I have (URL) the issue. If anyone has corrections and can source them, please (URL) make the changes>. Changes will stick a lot better if they are backed up with cites, per Wikipedia's policy on (URL) verifiability>, uncited changes have a (...) (18 years ago, 24-Dec-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact