 General / 53169
Re: What is this part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 07:40:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Whytcross wrote:
   I have no idea what this part is:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/b_whytcross/lego/top.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/b_whytcross/lego/under.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/b_whytcross/lego/folded.jpg

I am guessing it is for hanging pictures, as the “hollow” under the studs is the right size for a 2x?x1 brick to fit through, but I am not certain.

It is in old light grey with red “hose” type connecter like old 2x5 and 2x9 hinges. There are NO numbers or Pat. pend.‘s embossed anywhere on the part.

In addition, it MAY have a small section or 2 broken off, as there are protruding bits at the ends of the underside near the hook where small tabs may have been at some stage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Benjamin Whytcross

It’s from one of the sets like this:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1015
  1. they came with a large grey baseplate, and two of the parts you mention, so the baseplate with the letters/numbers could hang on the wall.
Arne, Copenhagen