 General / 52711
Re: Very Rare (1957-60) USA Lego Flag?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2006 21:39:31 GMT

Well I found the 48 star flag!

It is in Building Idea Book 1 (known as #238) from 1960-68:

Here is a 1960-61 variation of this book showing all the Lego specialty parts
sold in 1960 (from Eric Strand's Excellent website!).

(Bottom right of picture shows a USA flag with 6 rows of 8 stars):

http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/238/32_page_32.htm

And if you want to see all the other elements sold in 1960-61 by TLG:

http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/238/00_inside_front_cover_w_flap.htm

The numbers listed with these parts are the parts pack set numbers associated
with the parts.  These are the numbers used in Lugnet/Peeron/Bricklink.

The 1960-66 era was the golden age of spare parts pack.  At one point (1963-65)
there were 138 different ones (including different colors).

1960-65 was the Golden Age of the Town Plan System (1955-65).

Gary Istok

P.S. Since I was a kid in the 1960's... I miss the good old days of Lego!!!