 General / 52457 (-10)
  Re: 2006 - 45 Years Of Lego in the USA

(...) (URL) an advert announcing it: (URL) what I hear, the building is part of the local tourist economy. It is mentioned on historical buildings listings in Loveland. I think it would be a great place for a Lego museum. Maybe we could even get a (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2006 - 45 Years Of Lego in the USA

(...) Is that the facility at 609 14th Street SW? With the big studded features over the door? That's either a big decorating coincidence, or those things must really be embedded in the structure (to not have been replaced in the last 30 years). (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) That is a very interesting little image you have there. Why did you make it? What is the message you are trying to send? On a broader note, I have heard a lot about mistrust between Ambassadors and non-Ambassadors, but I don't exactly (...) (18 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2006 - 45 Years Of Lego in the USA

(...) Dave, Gary: About the Samsonite Plants: Samsonite's first plant was built around 1910 in Denver CO. There they produced trunks, and later, Samsonite Luggage. When the railroad companies effectively doubled their freight charges in the 1920's (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

First, I am currently under 2 NDA's (Ambassador and MDP). (...) Personally, I had become much less prolific here on LUGNET long before signing a single NDA. Most of my efforts and attention had turned to my local club where I am a member of the EC (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote: ...a lot of good stuff worth considering (URL) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: 2006 - 45 Years Of Lego in the USA

(...) I had a tour of the plant in Stratford in '85-86ish... I don't think too many people were displaced--right beside the machine that pumped out LEGO was the machine that pumped out luggage. They showed me the LEGO molds and those were stored (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

(...) Hi Janey, Having been one of the non-NDA crowd up until quite recently, I can certainly understand your concerns. I had concerns about how the Ambassador program worked, and what the Ambassadors did, so I applied, and was fortunate enough to (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2006 - 45 Years Of Lego in the USA

Maybe I ought to rephrase that..... the Samsonite fiasco caused TLG to start from scratch in building new Lego operations and production in Enfield Connecticut. It is also interesting to note that when the Samsonite of Canada license expired in (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC

In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote: For example, (...) I can pretty much say this is a definate "no." I knew about this line since about last April, and I think very few people knew about it. They were very paranoid about the news of this (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-06, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact