 General / 51862 (-20)
  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) The bolt that held the handle to the base of my vacuum cleaner fell out, so the thing kept falling apart when I tried to pick it up. It turned out that a 6 long technic axle with a bushing at each end was the perfect length and diameter to (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) Not me, but here's a couple of ideas: Borderline practical: (URL) more practical: (URL) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) One of my colleagues at work has an iPOD holder out of Lego. At various times I've had different pen/pencil cups made out of Lego, and I had a 32 x 32 mouse pad covered in green & black tiles until I needed the tiles.... Paul Sinasohn LUGNET (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) Virtually;-) JOHN (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:InsK7C.13DJ@lugnet.com... (...) Those are wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing. We have a sun conure parrot that would love to play with dah laygoez. (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) Not by myself, but... A lot of schools round the world are using my BlockCAD (Virtual Lego) program to teach pupils both geometry and beginner's CAD. Does it count :-) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) Bird toys. We have a Rainbow Lory[1] named Stitch. He loves to play with lego pieces. Kind of an exploratory thing -- he checks out every nook and cranny. He's totally fascinated by texture and shape. Kind of like an infant -- he sticks (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) LOL! I use stacks of bricks for a few of my old windows as well... but in a slightly different way. I also have a very old home, with old double hung windows on pulley systems. A few of the cords have snapped with age, so getting the window to (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

LEGO makes a nice box for containing RTV silicone mold-making compound. Lots of scale modelers use it when making molds for making cast-resin parts. My son uses it to make little "arenas" for his hermit crabs to play in. (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) That's funny--I make extensive use of rolled-up wool socks in my MOCs. Dave! (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:' <snip> (...) I use a rolled up wool sock for that same issue... Dave K (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) My home is about 80 years old, but the windows pre-date the invention of glass. As such, the storm windows tend to rattle mightily when even the faintest zephyr passes. To remedy this, I've inserted three- and four-brick stacks of LEGO 2x4 (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

In lugnet.general, William R. Ward wrote: <snip> (...) Well, I was having a problem with the toilet mechanism--the stopper wouldn't fall down after the water drained out of the tank. I thought that adding some weight to offset the center of gravity (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Best "practical" use of LEGO?

(...) I made a mousetrap (non-killing variety) out of LEGO a few years ago when I had a mouse rooting around the house. It almost sort of worked too. The mouse triggered it once but managed to escape. Unfortunately the initial design had a few (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Best "practical" use of LEGO?

What uses have you put LEGO to that are for practical reasons? Let me give some examples to illustrate: 1. Eric McCarthy's napkin holder made of LEGO 2. I use 2x4 bricks as leveling shims for furniture in areas where the floor is not entirely flat (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  off topic computer problem----HELP

Hey all, First I would like to apologize for posting this here but this is the only group of computer programmers and such that I know. MY problem is actually quite odd. All fonts on yahoo, bricklink, brickshelf, lugnet.... are HUGE. Normally with (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Did they ever make shutters for these?

(...) Almost forgot.... The blue 1x6x5 window was the only other color that these 1x6x5 windows came in. Blue was found in #6375 Exxon Service Station (a USA Only set), and classic space sets #6970 (Beta-1 Command) and #6971 (Intergalactic Command (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did they ever make shutters for these?

(...) The sets that had these large window shutters were: #231 Homemaker Hospital Set: Brown Window Frames/Blue Shutters #232 Homemaker Bungalow Set: Brown Window Frames/Green Shutters #1551 Maersk Promotional Truck: Gray Window Frames/Gray Shutters (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, School, Castle

Looking for information on some particular sets, no model number or set id information known. In 1993 Toy R US in Kokomo and Indianapolis, Indiana saw some sets that were not mini-figure scale in the 500 – 1200 piece range. Sets were of a castle (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did they ever make shutters for these?

(...) (URL) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact