 General / 51289
Re: Gold in them thar hills!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:01:57 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jake McKee wrote:
   Once again, my colleagues have asked me to pass along some info about the National Trust for Historic Preservation contest at BrickFest:

There’s still some gold in these thar hills!!! Although the July 15th deadline has passed, we still have a limited supply of gold brick for those of you who want to enter the Build the Trust Contest at BrickFest 2005. Don’t let history be left to dusty old books and a certain station on the cable dial – build it yourself from LEGO bricks! Register now for the contest and, for a limited time, you’ll still receive 50 limited edition 2x4 gold bricks.

Remember, you can build an exact replica of a National Trust site, or build your own creation inspired by a historical building. The official rules are available on the BrickFest Web site

If you want to be eligible to receive this special brick please send an email to press@america.lego.com with your name and address to enter the challenge.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Team

It is interesting to note the irony here.... Brickfest, TLG and The National Trust are celebrating the 50 years of THE TOWN PLAN (Lego System of Play). And the building contest is for building in the Miniland, Minifig, and Micro Scales.

But from the start of THE TOWN PLAN back in 1955 until the 1970’s, all Lego sets were in the Classic Lego or Town Plan Scale (Lego doors = 3 bricks high). And that scale isn’t even allowed in the competition.

How ironic!

Gary Istok