 General / 51252 (-20)
  Re: Bricklink frustration

Quoting David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com>: (...) Ok, so now we've also got the issue of near zero demand. *IF* demand was higher, costs could be split through multiple orders from the same original sellers, potentially. I would say that your average (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bricklink frustration

(...) Bam. (...) Yep. In my experience, AFOLs are generally interested in saving more, not spending more. There are a bunch out there who *will* pay more, but in general, I think your average AFOL would much rather spend the time doing it themselves (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bricklink frustration

Quoting David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com>: (...) The largest issue I've always seen with this was that the amalgamated carriage fees would very quickly pile up. Not only would the buyer pay for the first shipping fee to the middleman, but then the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bricklink frustration

(...) The biggest issue as I see it is probably the fact that it's not worth the primary seller's time in this example. The point of them instigating a minimum order is so that they don't have to deal with stuff that's "not worth their time". But (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bricklink frustration

This is a pretty interesting idea. Here's a variation that might be slightly more likely to happen: A group of sellers could get together and form a company to sell new/used LEGO parts over the internet, in a network like you describe. Their online (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Show 10 Concludes our Interview with Joe Meno...

(...) Yeah, I just wish they would transcribe each episode so I can read it. I can't bring myself to sit at my computer and listen to a podcast, even if it's on a topic I care about. I simply haven't got the time (I can skim/read about ten times (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Show 10 Concludes our Interview with Joe Meno...

(...) _"Well, being hacked means we're getting popular."_: I said the same thing right after you said it on the podcast, and you repeated me a minute or two later. Its great that bimp is getting popular; maybe it will attract more people into the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Bricklink frustration

Here is my situation I want a large quantity of a single part type. I have found the one BrickLink seller who has the part in quantity, in the right colour. Even worse his price is ridiculously cheap (Especially compared to other sellers). But (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  LEGOLAND sold to Blackstone

It has just been announced on the Danish news, that LEGO sold 70% of the shares in the four Legoland Parks to American investment company Blackstone. They will now be placed in Merlin Entertainment Group, together with the parks Sea Life, Earth (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  BURP, POOP, SPUD - Was Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) Concerning acronym, check (URL) will find : "BURP: Big Ugly Rock Piece - either of the mountain pieces, appearing usually in grey shades, but also tan, yellow, white and green." curiously "LURP : Little Ugly Rock Piece" ( (URL) is missing. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: BURP? - Was Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) Big Ugly Rock Piece. The 4x8x6 semi-rectangular and 4x6x7 trianglish pieces usually in grey to simulate rock (recently showing up a lot in new brown). I actually like them for building cliffs, and in a large cliff, with a small amount of (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  BURP? - Was Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) My ignorance is showing, what does BURP mean/stand for? dave (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Ever Juniorized Lego Part?

(...) I guess I don't really know what juniorized means. If it means creating a single part that could be made by combining other current parts, Then yes both of the parts you mentioned would be considered juniorized (assuming the component parts (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego and other brand trademarks

(...) Jim, you answered the question I didn't ask, but meant to. Which trademarks are actually acknowledged on the Lego packaging, instructions, catalogs, etc? I don't think I've seen Shell, Esso, or any of the 1:87 car manufacturers credited with a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: custom lego

(...) I think most members here would agree that (URL) is the best place to buy large quantities of parts... (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego and other brand trademarks

(...) Dave; If you want to include pre-building block lego the 1:43 cars/trucks (Modelbiler) were all licensed from Chevolet. Packaging, etc even include the Chevolet trademark. (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego and other brand trademarks

(...) Also add.. 106 UNICEF Promotional Set: Van 1952 Danmarks Internationale Mejeri Promotional Set: Milk Truck 1973 Emirates {Airline Promotional Set: Airliner} Ray (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Twins accused of stealing and selling LEGO® sets on Ebay®

Here is the fixed link. (URL) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGO Group wins lawsuit in the Netherlands

LEGO® Group wins lawsuit in the Netherlands. Full report by clicking on the link. (URL) (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  custom lego

hi,i' m luca from italy. i'm searching for some lego custom creator (about castle,star wars or building themes) that is disposed to sell me some of its big (3000 or more bricks for example) wonderful sets. can you help me. luca p.s where do this (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact