 General / 50945
  Me, Myself, and The Brick

howd all, well, I finished teaching my last Lego class for the University of Utah recently. Got my Masters degree and a fellowship to U Mich, so me and the fam and the lego are moving to Ann Arbor. I'd love to continue to teach Lego in that area, (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Me, Myself, and The Brick

(...) Can you expand on this? What is a LEGO class, and how does one convince a respectable university to let you teach one? Would you happen to have a syllabus or other course notes available? Thanks, - Joe (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Me, Myself, and The Brick

(...) Word. Welcome to the pack Rick... From Lansing. (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Me, Myself, and The Brick

(...) Go Blue! Ann Arbor's a fun town (can get a bit cool in the winters though). Have fun. I, too, am curious about these "Lego classes." Please elaborate. Paul Hanson - BFA U of M '90 (now living in California) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Me, Myself, and The Brick

(...) Paul, glad to hear you're coming. Please consider getting involved with MichLUG. We're a pretty active club, about 2 dozen members, with several dedicated spacers in our ranks including Rick Hallman, Trevor Pruden, and others. There's also a (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Me, Myself, and The Brick

(...) <snip> It'll be a hoot! :-D (sittin'...starin' at modules...thinking of space display goodness....) Trev (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Some Word on Teaching Lego

(...) You aren't the only one to ask :-) Basically, many Universities have Youth Ed programs throughout the year and particularly in summer. Kids like the brick, so those classes are pretty high priority. I lucked into the job because of the Lego (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)