 General / 50911
Re: The Dark Ages of Lego in the USA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

Hey thanks for the Kudo's folks!  I want Lugnet to be the center of the Lego
universe, so I am doing my part to help facilitate this by giving you folks info
that is just not found anywhere else.  I like to play Sherlock Holmes with all
the old Lego sets, catalogs, parts and brochures.  To tell the real story of why
things are as quirky as they sometimes appear.  Of course I do converse a lot
with people both in Europe and North America (and Australia) who have a lot of
Lego smarts!  And they have been an incalculable help for the Lego CD, which is
still behind schedule.  But when it is done, I want to have ALL old Lego parts
and sets accounted for (and put into the lugnet and other databases) from 1949
onward.  The early years (1949 to 1972) which are shrouded in mystery, will be
100% accounted for (I hope!)..... every Lego set, every Lego part.

Sounds fantastic, Gary.  I'll certainly buy a copy of that.  I think I can speak
on behalf of ALEs everywhere when I say, thanks for your efforts.

Best,
- Joe