 General / 50756
50755  |  50757
Subject:
Micromotor with defective brushes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 00:15:11 GMT

Hi all,
This is my first post at lugnet, but I've seen many others and really liked the
place.
On december 2004, I ordered 2 micromotors for christmas. One of them worked, and
the other just made a weird noise. When dad opened it, he realised the brushes
were touching each other. He carefully made a jig with some thin wire in order
to separate them while closing the case. He used two holes which, I guess, are
also used at the factory.
It worked, and so did the motor. However, 5 months later (now), it stopped
working again, probably for the same reasons. I don't know whether it's the same
motor, but one of them works.
The reason we didn't send it back to lego is we're in Argentina, so shipping
would be more expensive than buying a new one. However, I'd now like to inform
lego. I know we probably voided the warranty, but we still want to know what we
can do, what they can, and whether it's happened before.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Pictures at
http://tipionline.netfirms.com/misc.html