 General / 50471
    Re: Esoteric Lego history question —Kelly McKiernan
   (...) According to the book "50 years of play": "Toward the ends of the 1940s all of Ole Kirk's four sons were employed at the factory: in addition to Godtfred, there was Karl Georg, a qualified carpenter, who was in charge of plastics production; (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Esoteric Lego history question —Jim Hughes
   (...) Kelly: This is very helpful. I am getting closer to a complete family tree. Looking at Wiencek's World of Lego toys it appears that the early boxes are in fact Kjeld and his 2 sisters. In 1996 Kjeld won a distinguished Family business award. (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Esoteric Lego history question —Ross Crawford
   (...) Well, machine traslators don't do a great job, but (URL) this article> seems to indicate it was October 1969. You might be able to get a better translation from someone here that knows Danish. ROSCO (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Esoteric Lego history question —Jim Hughes
   (...) thanks Ross. I actually "thought" I read this page several weeks ago. The original is in Norwegian, but I think you are absoutely right about the date. -- Jim (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)