 General / 5036
    succession strategy if catastrophe —Todd Lehman
   (...) That would be bad. People would have to get together and talk to Pair Networks and explain to them what happened and ask for inside-access to (comandeer, but in a nice way) the server to do the various admin stuff and finish up everything (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: succession strategy if catastrophe —Mike Stanley
     (...) I'm sure he is, but I also have a relatively massive pipe to the net, so I could do it also. I routinely transfer 4-8 gb per week anyway, so snagging a few hundred megs or more wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket. (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: succession strategy if catastrophe —Todd Lehman
     (...) All right, good enough then. Let's start with the most important stuff -- all the news messages and the sets DB. I'll make tarballs of these and e-mail you (and Larry, assuming he's interested) with details about where to grab them from. Or if (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: succession strategy if catastrophe —Todd Lehman
   (...) Actually, that wouldn't be -too- bad. No one would probably even notice anything had happened for one or two weeks (and then only because of silence). It would probably take about a week to satisfy red-tape requirements (whatever they are; (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)