 General / 50248
    Re: Bye, bye LUGNET —David Eaton
   (...) I guess I'd probably change the phrasing Larry used here-- Posting profanity IS a violation of the TOU, no if's about it. This speaks it better: (...) No two ways about it, you're already in violation. Question is whether or not you want to (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Bye, bye LUGNET —David Koudys
   (...) I was thinking about the 'various ways' that people could get around the built-in filter (if there was one). Then I started thinking that if the filter turns specific words into #%##$, and people know that, so they type S P A C E D words to (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Bye, bye LUGNET —Jason S. Mantor
   (...) A well crafted set of regular expressions would make this simple evasion harder to do. (...) IMHO regional filters would be difficult to do effectively. You'd need to know what region the reader is in as well as the region the poster was from (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.general)