 General / 50041
50040  |  50042
Subject:
From a 22, almost 23, year old kid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 04:16:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've thought about writing something here for a while, and only now seems like
as good a time as any. First off, I did "sign" the letter to the CEO but in all
honesty, it's not gonna stop me from buying Lego any time soon. The only thing
standing in my way of buying more is my mother! In a perfect world, the colors
would stay the same with no change (only in the last 2-3 years since I started
collecting the Star Wars sets and the new City sets have I seen a huge jump in
the quantity of greys and browns), but the world ain't perfect. The only thing
that pisses me off about it is having to get more bins for more colors. Instead
of 2 bins for greys, I now have 6 for 4 different shades.

I love Lego, it's without a doubt the best toy in the world. I'm the manager at
a toy store called Toys Etc. and with every customer who comes in looking for a
toy for a young kid, my first question to them every time is "do they like
Lego?". The only limitation with Lego is your own imagination. I even bring sets
from my own collection in (currently I have the snowboard sets displayed in the
theme of winter) and everyone who looks at it thinks it's really cool. It's so
much easier to sell something to someone when you're passionate about the
product yourself.

To me its a hobby, its something I have enjoyed doing since I was a boy. So I
say this and I stand by it: TLC can do what they wish, change the colors,
eliminate colors, whatever! It doesn't matter. As long as they keep innovating
new themes and sets, they'll still have me as a customer.

So if it bothers you AFOL's (Adult Fairweather Fans Of Lego because that's what
a lot of you sound like) stop buying.

So to beat another dead horse: IT'S A TOY.

Peace.

D. Warren