 General / 50000
  LEGO moves production

Just wanted to be the one who made post number 50.000 in "General"....! But as to the subject, in the Danish television yesterday it was announced, that LEGO will move a considerable part of its production capacity from Billund (Denmark) to the (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO moves production

(...) So this means that parts are currently molded in ... Denmark, Switzerland and the Czech Republic ? Sets are being assembled in ... Denmark, Enfield/USA and (possibly) South Korea ? Ray (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO moves production

(...) To the best of my knowledge, that is correct. The sets are made in-country to be more adaptable to the product mix that is desired by the marketplace in each country (plus, I figure it's easier to ship bricks en masse than sets--a lot of (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO moves production

(...) I thought Enfield was now a distribution center only and all molding and set assembly/packaging has been terminated. Who has been there lately and can confirm/deny? (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO moves production

(...) Lar, I was in Enfield last April, and I know one of the buidlings there was still doing set packaging (production line of bins feeding pieces of Lego bricks into bags, and then the bags were going into boxes and tubs). I know the large (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO moves production

(...) My new (URL) Hogwarts Castle> box says: "Components made in DENMARK, SWITZERLAND, SWEDEN, CHINA and KOREA" So add Czech Rep, and there you go. (19 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO moves production

(...) Little update to Arne's story. Bloomberg reports Lego is closing its Incheon, South Korea plant. Oh yeah, and Stan Lee won summary judgment vs Marvel. (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)