 General / 49976
Re: Potomac Mills Outlet & Tysons Corner Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 05:28:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alex Lis wrote:
I am planning on visiting the DC area for the sole purpose of going to the
Potomac Mills Outlet and store in Tysons Corner. My primary interest is the
Pick-a-Brick selection in these stores. Does the selection of special elements
varies significantly from the stores in NY and NJ? Any ideas on what the
inventory (other than basic bricks) might be? Are there service packs or similar
items at the outlet store?

-Alex

Alex,

While I don't know the assortments compared to NY and NJ, I can tell you that
the assortment of parts is better at Tyson's Corner than the outlet.

The last time I was there (before Christmas) at both locations, the Outlet had
red 1x6 rounded wedge with 2 studs available, and 1x3 magenta (hot pink?)
bricks. They have had 1x2 trans dark green bricks too..plus what I would assume
to be basic assortment parts (red plates, yellow bricks, etc.)

The Tysons Corner store had green doors, I think white doors, 1x2 technic bricks
with one hole, 1x4x2(?) trans light blue windscreens, sand blue bricks, and tan
bricks worth note. There's a lot more there, but again, they seemed to be basic
parts...therre were also chairs and window parts

Tysons also has service packs, but only one type when I looked last...the
technic gear and turntable set. The outlet has had slim pickings on service
packs for a while now. But the outlet sometimes has grab bags of parts, and
those are sometimes really nice.

Joe Meno

FUT to wamalug - the gang there know what's there for sure!