 General / 49939
Re: missing parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:56:17 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On another topic, when y'all got the lego technic truck 8346, did it come with
any missing parts?

no.  None of the missing parts were included in mine.

Speaking of missing parts.... (sorry, change of topic here...)

What's the recommended course of action when a person _does_ discover
that there is a missing piece in a set?   I mean, it's all very well and
good to just return it to the store and exchange it, but if the model is
almost completely built, it's more than a little disappointing to have
to completely dismantle it and pack it all back in the box.  In
particular now, this has happened twice to one of my children in the
past year alone... we got him some Lego for his birthday and it turned
out there was one piece missing (a fairly common one at that, I was able
to supply him with an extra out of  my own spare parts supply), but the
same thing happened just last xmas as well... there was one piece
missing from the set we got him for xmas.  I couldn't easily tell him to
take what had worked on for so long already apart so I could return it
on boxing day, and as it happens, he was inventive enough to be able to
build the model without the piece, but the principle of the thing still
bothers me.

I was under the impression that LEGO had tighter quality control than
this, so I must admit to being more than a bit disappointed that this
has happened not just once, but twice now in only one year.

(Followups directed to lugnet general)