 General / 49901
    Re: Tallest lego crane —Alvin Brant
   (...) Ross, I have yet to try the SDBW configuration, however if I add all the counterweihgts to the Superlift, the crane will hold the boom off the ground at 0 degrees. The only reason i use the wheels is to ease the stress on the motors, and to (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Tallest lego crane —Ross Crawford
   (...) Yep, that is also the reason real cranes use wheels when raising luffing jibs. Older cranes often had a special dolly that the tip of the jib rested on for that purpose, but newer cranes seem to have the axle built into the jib tip, and just (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Tallest lego crane —Alvin Brant
   (...) Yes, it is supposed to go through a pully at the end of the derrick, but this was the first time it has been put together, so I missed a few things. (...) It is a technic turntable, and I used hinge plates and bricks along with 2 x 2 tiles to (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)