 General / 49361
49360  |  49362
Subject:
Lugnet Member Data (was: Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:58:21 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mike Kollross wrote:
He's AFOL age. (average age being 30 ish, not based on any real numbers, just
an observation)

According to Lugnet membership statistics, your average AFOL is nearly halfway
between 32 and 33, male, probably white (that's a guess rather than a stat), and
living in California (ok, really just living in the USA).

Of course the Lugnet data is skewed a bit-- Average age is probably a bit less
(I'd guess), since younger FOLs (college age, kids, etc) are less likely to
shell out the money to be Lugnet members. And obviously Lugnet is skewed towards
English-speakers, vs. 1000steine and other boards (I know I've seen Japanese and
Korean ones, but I have no clue what they're called or what their populations
are).

For the stat curious: (stats are about two months old)

Avg. Age: 32.43578
Avg Male age: 32.12013
Avg Female age: 34.13333

Gender balance: 94.59% male, 5.41% female

Top Countries: (2% or more)
------------------------
USA - 66.65%
Canada - 6.80%
UK - 5.69%
Netherlands - 3.92%
Australia - 2.90%
Germany - 2.90%

Country stats:
------------------
2 - Argentina
74 - Australia
13 - Belgium
2 - Bermuda
6 - Brazil
1 - Bulgaria
2 - Cape Verde
172 - Canada
1 - Czech Republic
2 - Chile
39 - Denmark
74 - Germany
1 - Djibouti
1 - Dominica
2 - Greece
9 - Spain
1 - Faroe Islands
24 - France
1 - Gibraltar (U.K.)
1 - Guam (U.S.)
6 - Hong Kong
1 - Croatia
5 - India
5 - Ireland
28 - Italy
2 - Greenland
1 - Luxembourg
1 - Malaysia
1 - Mexico
100 - Netherlands
6 - New Zealand
13 - Japan
21 - Norway
1 - Philippines
2 - Poland
5 - Portugal
3 - Puerto Rico (U.S.)
1 - Saudi Arabia
11 - Switzerland
6 - Singapore
1 - Slovakia
2 - South Africa
5 - Suomi/Finland
32 - Sweden
2 - South Korea
2 - Taiwan
1 - Turkey
144 - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (U.K.)
1687 - United States of America (U.S.A.)
7 - Israel
1 - China

State info for the US:
--------------------------
14 - Alabama
5 - Alaska
21 - Arizona
4 - Arkansas
278 - California
32 - Colorado
19 - Connecticut
4 - Delaware
48 - Florida
47 - Georgia
12 - Hawaii
10 - Idaho
65 - Illinois
38 - Indiana
17 - Iowa
20 - Kansas
12 - Kentucky
5 - Louisiana
7 - Maine
40 - Maryland
76 - Massachusetts
83 - Michigan
36 - Minnesota
4 - Mississippi
21 - Missouri
4 - Montana
8 - Nebraska
7 - Nevada
12 - New Hampshire
40 - New Jersey
8 - New Mexico
66 - New York
35 - North Carolina
4 - North Dakota
55 - Ohio
12 - Oklahoma
33 - Oregon
46 - Pennsylvania
4 - Rhode Island
16 - South Carolina
2 - South Dakota
23 - Tennessee
83 - Texas
10 - Utah
5 - Vermont
75 - Virginia
98 - Washington
7 - Washington, D.C.
5 - West Virginia
39 - Wisconsin
4 - Wyoming

I think by AFOL density, it came out to something like Washington DC,
Massachusetts, and Washington State as being the most AFOL-intensive states to
live in-- Dunno about density by country, though...

DaveE