 General / 49299
    Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Marc Nelson, Jr.
   (...) I'm curious about this exchange from Jake's chat: Daimyo Jake, you have stated on Lugnet that the color changes would be limited to grays. Daimyo But what about the new yellow color change? sink21 no, not really... what I said was tha the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Dave Schuler
     (...) This baffles me. Hasn't the color-consistency of LEGO been praised as one of the factors setting it above its competitor clone brands? And now we have more or less official confirmation that color-variance is expected and (presumably) (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

         Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript Jake McKee
     (...) I read it as regular yellow, not the light yellow. Light yellow could have been one of the pastel colors that was modified. I'll check on this. (...) OK, to clarify: What I'm saying is not that our quality control has gone out the window. The (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

         Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Dave Schuler
     (...) Hi Jake! We can all accept that minor variance may be unavoidable during production, but in the past a Certain Other Brand has been blasted for failing to maintain laser-precise color consistency, so it seems that LEGO is getting a pass on (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Benjamin Medinets
   (...) This is not an "official" response, but I think that Jake was trying to say that the Yellow and Purple and some other non new colors had some quality control issues. I would also like to point out that these issues could be pointed to using (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)