 General / 48814
Re: Old color bags still available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 02:30:31 GMT

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> writes:

I really am pretty suprised that there are any of the grey/dark grey bricks
left. Even disregarding the color change, I always thought the 'bulk brick' sets
were highly useful-- especially in more drab colors like grey, dark grey, tan,
white, black, and brown, which are popular for AFOLs.

Were these really only runs of about 10,000 per bag? Hmm... from the Lugnet
database, 31 people bought these, averaging about 10 per person. So 1000 AFOL's
should've drained these supplies easily. Well, maybe there's the proof of the
pudding (Dons flame retardant suit)-- AFOL buying power just isn't what we hoped
(since we know? that these sets weren't advertised to kids/parents in catalogs,
it was probably almost only AFOL's buying these).

Well, I ordered 99 of the old dark grey brick packs (I wanted 100, but the
website only goes up to 99), so I've definitely done my bit. I'm almost
out of them on my current project too!

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/