 General / 48808
Re: Un-spotlight? (was: suspended Bricklink shops)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:51:46 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.general, Brendan Coughlin wrote:
Can somebody PLEASE tell me why this crap deserves to be a "Top News Story"?!?!
Is it because it is Larry and he is "such a valued AFOL"?  Give me a break.
Keep issues as stupid as this one between whoever had a shop closed and the
Bricklink admin.  I don't come on Lugnet to read garbage like this.

This is exactly why I don't discuss Lego on Lugnet anymore

Get your priorities straight Lugnet admin!

Top news stories are member-selected. Paid LUGNET members can highlight or
spotlight posts which causes them to be listed in the top stories.

So, the post is at the top of the list because enough LUGNET members thought it
was important for people to read, not because of any one person.

The Top Stories list hasn't been manually compiled in years.

Which gets me thinking, why not also have a "un-spotlight" function? Not to
remove a spot light I've previously set (which I can already do), but to
subtract from the spotlights of others (subtract 100 or whatever from its points
value). So if I think a news item that has made the top stories isn't all that
newsworthy, I can vote to remove it.

ROSCO

FUT: .admin.general