 General / 48078
    Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?! —Keith Goldman
   My favorite German word is "klapperschlange". No, its has nothing to do with an STD. I was watching a German video tape of Escape From New York, and the title was changed to Der Klapperschlange, which means The Rattlesnake. -Keith (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land)

        Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?! —Henk Schmidt-Bergemann
   Hi Keith, but it is DIE Klapperschlange, because snake is a female word in German and so it needs the female preposition DIE versus the male DER (neutral would be DAS). Greetings Henk (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land)