 General / 47985
Re: mold variant: turntable 4 x 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 05:43:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Strand wrote:
   Niels -

Thanks for the great comparison. I really enjoy analyzing old lego parts too :)

Have you done comparisons like this for other parts? I was looking at some of my old 2x8 bricks (with old LEGO logo on them) and noticed that some of the logos on the studs were printed upside down in relation to the other studs.

Thanks, Eric

Those old 2x8 bricks happen to be Samsonite Lego (USA/Canada) bricks made between 1964-70. For some reason the quality of the Samsonite molds was worse than those of European Lego. Many of the Samsonite Lego molds of the 1960’s had re-stamped Lego logos on some of the studs. Some are upside down, others sideways. And sometimes the same bricks have the new Lego logos on some studs, and the small fat Samsonite logo on other studs. One would of course never see this poor quality in the Lego bricks of Europe, especially after 1957.

In case no one has noticed, I’m Back......

Gary Istok istokg@earthlink.net