 General / 47829
47828  |  47830
Subject:
New part spotted in Lego Magazine for May + other stuff!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 16:08:28 GMT

Hey all,

Just got this yesterday.  On page 13 there's an ad for the next Designer
Set:  Deep Sea Predators (available this summer).  In addition to quite a
few of the new glow-in-the-dark teeth, it also appears to have a new type of
corner piece.  Imagine a 3x3 low-slope that mates up with the 3x3 diagonal
beams often used in Castle sets.  There may be as many as six in the set if
the picture represents everything (no alternates and mains together).  I
also see what I believe to be 3x3 radar dishes in clear.  There's also quite
a few of the new Knights Kingdom click-joints in bley/sand blue for
articulation.

Also very interesting/frightening is the ad on the first page.  Alpha Team
is going transformable.  The picture shows some kind of Ice Sled vehicle
that transforms into a helicopter.  While I love the idea of transforming
Lego sets (interesting!), this picture is frightening in a couple of ways.
Firstly, the set appears to be heavily Jack Stoned.  Way too many pre-fab
looking pieces.  Second, the cockpit is a MegaBlocks ripoff if I've ever
seen one.  I'm going to reserve judgment 'till I've seen the set up close,
but I don't like what it implies.

Anyways, there's good stuff and not-so-good stuff.  Hope you all get your
copy soon!

Dave