 General / 4766
Re: what is the rarest minifig set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 18:13:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
what is the rarest set to contain a minifig or minifigs?
i am talking in terms of the hardest one to track down if i was trying to buy
every minifig set...

I think the 'Timmy', because every Timmy has been taken apart, melted down,
mutilated and eaten by various pets.
On a (more?) serious note: I think the modern minifigs are rarer than older
ones. In the good ol' days, minifigs with certain torso's would be used in a
lot of sets. Just by changing the color of the legs or changing the hat, the
minifig would be a mailman, a cook or a policeman. But nowadays, every minifig
has his own torso. I just finished 6559 and almost every minifig has its own
torso-design.

Mark "I don't have a single Timmy" de Kock