 General / 47367
  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) I doubt it very much. Natural ABS is a slightly translucent cream color, and white is probably the hardest color to achieve. Heavy metal pigments are no longer legal in the US (which is why brown/tan plastic electrical fixtures are no longer (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) In all seriousness, do you suppose that this is how MEGABLOKS does it? I've noticed for years that their "white" is more "white" than LEGO "white," but I never knew the underlying reason. Is there a simple, reliable way to discern the (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Absolutely. Different plastics have different natural colors. Some start out clear, others start out white, and those are basically the only colors that can achieve a true white (since hobby shops generally only sell white styrene, I'd guess (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Density (PS is lighter IIRC, check with Google or something), strength (ABS is more resistant to bending and such) or surface (PS is a bit porous, try a microscope or high-power magnifying glass) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) You can ask this, after they switched dark grey, just to make it look WORSE with virtually every other color made? -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) *sigh* I'm doing my best to be optimistic about this, just like when I'm hoping that this whole "universal color" thing isn't just something they came up with to milk free AFOL PR out of the fact that they might never have intended to make any (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)