 General / 46716
Re: Marauder's Map Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:35:35 GMT

"Jeff Barnas" <jmbarnas@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:HvCsxB.1tBK@lugnet.com...
I just got the

<http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K4751&t=3&d=20&c=4D1F4B67%2DECB2%2D478B%
2DADB6%2D5F8708DBB15A
{Marauder's Map Kit}>. Its great except for the new colors problem.  My • mini
Knight Bus is all one color so I guess they fixed that problem.  The one • thing I
noticed about the boxes was that the minifigs on the boxes still seem to • have a
yellow tint to their skin but actual things are as light as the

<http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=3565&t=4&d=8&c=BE96272E%2DE30D%2D4B8F%2D
9B51%2DA6AE8512425E
{basketball stars}>.  Makes you think that maybe the boxes are like that • on
purpose to decieve the buyers or at least thats what it sounds like to me. • What
you see is not what you get.

The Schumacher/Barrichello Ferrari set is also like that. I am convinced the
box artwork shows the figures with yellow heads, as does the photo on the
instructions.

I don't think this is deception though, more likely the images were produced
before the decision to use flesh tones was made.

Huw