 General / 46677
46676  |  46678
Subject:
Are new colors in old sets yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:32:57 GMT

I'm planning to buy some extra pre-2004 sets to increase my supply of old gray,
while I can. I'd like to help support TLC by buying directly from S@H, rather
than hunting for discounts elsewhere. But this raises an important question:

Are there sets released before 2004 that already have the new grays?

Am I correct in assuming that sets from previous years continue to be
manufactured, and thus will eventually include the new colors? Or do they just
make one run of each set and then stop, so that when they sell them all, they're
gone - in which case the old sets should all have the old colors? Has anyone
actually *seen* new colors in "old" sets? Is it "safe" to order pre-2004 sets
from S@H, or should I look for dusty boxes in stores?

Sorry if this has been answered already. I searched old messages a bit, but
didn't see anything about this specific issue.

- Dan Efran
  Martian Ambassador
  http://www.efran.org/embassy/