 General / 4659
4658  |  4660
Subject:
Best set(s) for pieces?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 00:39:45 GMT

Since recently locating all of my old parts [1], and purchasing some
StarWars sets, I've been looking to get the most variety of parts ofr my
collection.  What current sets contain the best assortment of parts of
each color?  The colors I'm *most* interested in are Dark Grey, Black,
and Brown, with parts consisting of Plates, Bricks, Slopes, and
"special" pieces (Brown Tree Limbs, Grey BURPS, Space Wings, etc.).  And
Since I've got everyones attention, what is/are the colors that you have
the most/least parts for [2]?

Charles

PS - Since I just so happen to work retail (in the Toy dept. no less!),
I'm gonna' have a chat with the LEGO reps. next time they're in to
discuss bulk purchases....

[1] - Here's the sets that I found parts and instructions for (although
I know I had 112 Universal Building Set and 6882 Walking Astro
Grappler):
      121 Fabuland Roadster
      268 Homemaker Family Room
      269 Homemaker Kitchen
      485 Fire Truck (anybody got a spare *vintage* smooth wheel unit
for sale?)
      540 Town Police Units
      542 Town Street Crew
      889 Space Radar Truck
      6375 Town Gas Station
      6382 Town Fire Station
      6824 Space Dart-I (although I seem to be missing 3 of the wing
pieces)
      8055 Technic Universal Building Set With Motor
      8832 Technic Roadster

[2] - Here's what I've got after organizing them, including StarWars
(all bags are Ziploc):
      Black     - 2 Quart size
      Red       - 2 Quart size
      Brown     - 1/3 Sandwich size
      Yellow    - 1 Sandwich size
      Dark Grey - 1/2 Sandwich size
      Green     - 1 Sandwich size (including a Light Green 4x10 Plate
from StarWars Speeder Bikes)
      Clear     - 1/4 Sandwich size (13 vintage - pre 1985? - pieces)
      Grey      - 1 Sandwich size
      Tan       - 1/2 Sandwich size
      Blue      - 1 Quart Size
      White     - 1 Quart size