 General / 46021
46020  |  46022
Subject:
Tried Brass, like Nevr-Dull much better!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:43:56 GMT

It comes in a big dark blue can is basically a giant beige cotton ball
soaked in a solution.  It's easier to use and works faster, IMO.

Dave

Besides, Brasso gives me Army flashbacks!  Brrrr!

"Terry Prosper" <t@rotule.qc.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Mike Kollross wrote:
The topic has come up a few times and I've used the technique myself • with great
success.  I recently bought a bunch of the NBA sets that were massively
discounted.  Along with the brick and plate, I found myself with piles • of parts
I would be hard pressed to use.  I wondered if Brasso could be used to • remove
the print from the 1x6x5 clear backboard with print.

As long as you go slow and apply very little pressure the print comes • off and
the brick stays clear and shinny.  Not the least bit "fogged".  I • removed the
NBA logo as a test.  It took about 15 mins of very light rubbing to • remove the
print.  With the rectangle removed they might make OK windows.  At least • more
useful than before.

Side by side with logo removed from the left brick
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/Brasso/129_2924.jpg

Close up of removed logo.  Pics a little blurry.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/Brasso/129_2931.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

Mike

I've just started using brasso too and I use a dry cloth to scrub the • printings
off.  I've seen no scratches or blur in my transparent parts and I don't • do
lightly on the scrubbing.  My suggestion is to use a soft cloth, something • that
can't scratch plastc even if you go firmly, and, well, go firmly :-)

But testing on a small area is always best.

I've recently bought NBA sets too in discounts at local Wal-Mart.  25$CDN • for
the Ultimate NBA stadium.  Neat!

Terry