 General / 45458
    Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) And like I said, I disagree (but at least we agree on the boring part). :-) (...) What part of "boring" didn't you parse? :-) I shall be more forceful in my comparison, Maximum Borosity. (all those who never saw the phrase "maximum verbosity" (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Matthew Miller
   (...) Hey, if you like boring, that's fine with me. To each his own, and all. (...) So, basically, you think BB style forums will die out? Or do you mean that both BB and Lugnet will be replaced by the futuristic VR chatrooms I mentioned? (...) But (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) You seem confused - I was refering to Lugnet's visual appearance. (...) Yup, confused. Sorry if I wasn't clear along the way. I meant Lugnet was a step up visually from r.t.l., as newer boards are a step up visually from Lugnet. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Matthew Miller
   [ followup-to .publish.html, since this isn't generally interesting. :) ] (...) And that is indeed why I'm confused. I was referring to the phpBB on Classic-castle in the paragraph you quoted. Like all such BB forums, it basically has a big monotone (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.html)

        Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Matthew Miller
     (...) And let me be super-clear here for anyone just jumping in -- Classic-Castle is a nifty site and I have nothing against them. I'm just mentioning their forum as an example. And I understand that phpBB is nice and open source and free and easy (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.publish.html)

        Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Well, heck, maybe I'm confused and that confused you in turn. I don't spend that much time at the two levels you mention at C-C, so they don't bother me. They give me the minimum clutter to move on to where I want to go. Not that I actually go (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.publish.html)

        Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Kelly McKiernan
     (...) * big big big snip * (...) I hadn't actually intended to weigh the pros and cons of text vs. graphical community systems; what I was really trying to get across was there are different presentations for different audiences. The audience of (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.publish.html)

         Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) Without saying that you are wrong in that assessment, let me ask on what basis do you make that claim? If Lugnet is the final answer, why do other sites start? Do those that prefer it do so simply because Lugnet is all they know? Is it really (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.publish.html)

        Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Matthew Miller
   (...) Nah, you can draw on a post-it note. You can even use colored pencils. :) What I mean by "post-it note style" is that there's a big, grid-like board, and conversation happens by people coming and putting a note into the general area of the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.publish.html)