 General / 45438
  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I do find it strange that this announcement was only posted to LUGNET and not any of the other LEGO related boards. If this is meant to bring together all online LEGO communities I would think that the announcement would be made on the other (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Maybe they assumed we'd see it here. I can kind of see the first announcement being here, since Lugnet does act as a de facto hub, but future developments will require a lot of serious outreach before anything goes much further - from whatever (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I think getting the buy-in should happen very early or else people in the other groups are going to feel as if they are second class citizens in the process. I think the fact that it was only posted to LUGNET just highlights the fact that (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I completely agree. (...) Well, Lugnet serves as A hub, certainly - for a subset of the total online LEGO audience. That's not to say there couldn't be a more comprehensive one created. Right now all I've seen are fairly vague proposals... I (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

[ XFUT lugnet.org ] (...) Once there is something to show, it should of course be announced widely to the online LEGO fan community. But this was (at least from my point of view) more thought as a follow-up to the WorldLUG discussion than a full (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general)