 General / 45355
Re: Mystery pieces?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:43:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Lovelace wrote:
   Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help me identify the names of these pieces:

Part 1 (2x4 base)

Part 2 (4x4 base)

Part 3 (2x4 brick with transparent underside and 8L axle with holes in sides)

I’m trying to stick ‘em in my Bricklink shop but have no clue what they even are. Got them in a big vintage lot.

--Dave

Hi Dave,

Can’t help on the first two but the third piece is a vintage steering column.

The one I used to have was in a 6-wide lorry. The column fed through a hole in the plate making the cab floor and out through a similar hole in the roof. It was finished off with a 2x1 brick printed with ‘Lego’ which was pushed onto the end of the column. You could steer the lorry by turning this brick. It used the vintage red wheels with 4 studs and grey tyres.

If you check this picture you’ll see:

http://library.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1388

Look up this set on Peeron for clarification

Hope this helps

Geoff