 General / 45297
    Re: Homebrewed LEGO USB Dongle —Kyle Beatty
   (...) (URL) This one is far superior.> Apologies for replying to my own post, but at least I'm not complaining about color changes or the sky falling. Woo hoo! Go sky staying up! (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Homebrewed LEGO USB Dongle —Juergen Stuber
   Hi Kyle, (...) so what do these dongles do, apart from decorating USB ports with LEGO? Curious Jürgen (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Homebrewed LEGO USB Dongle —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I think calling them dongles is a misnomer... they are memory sticks. I have one that holds 32MB and it's way way more convenient for moving stuff (especially large stuff) than floppies or burning a CD... great for those times when network (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Homebrewed LEGO USB Dongle —Kyle Beatty
     (...) Memory stick makes me think Sony, but sure, yeah! It has proven to be an accurate way to separeate the geekiest from the would-be geek. Mere memory-stick user: It's too big! True geek: Oo! I can see the LED! (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Homebrewed LEGO USB Dongle —Juergen Stuber
   Hi Larry, (...) yes, that made me think it was something like IrDA or maybe even Mindstorms IR. And there are still others for Bluetooth or wireless mice, not to mention those to prevent unlicensed use of software. (...) I got a cheap 32MB one (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)