 General / 45188
Re: Source for mini-lights (modding!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:47:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steven D. Weiser wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Mike Thorn wrote:
   Hello all of you non-Purists out there (any purists should stop right here)...

Browsing my Lee Valley-Veritas woodworking catalog today I came across an item that caught my eye, and I think it will yours as well. Miniature lights, designed for dollhouse christmas light ornaments and the like. Big long leads. White or multicoloured. Does anybody besides me smell an opportunity knocking? :)

Ten bulbs on a 3’ lead. Six bucks. Just the right size for inserting into bricks...or lighting up train stations, as I recall a brilliant example of such having been posted here not too long ago.

For anybody that’s been following my CCA story, I use something very very similar in a lot of my pictures. (like here) They’re the perfect size to fit inside trans-orange 1x1 cones - or jam the wires into a 1x3 brick and add accent lighting.

At any rate, thought I’d pass this along. If you happen to have a Veritas catalog handy, they are on Page 198 in the upper gutter.

Purists, shmurists.

Man, those are very cool. I’m going to order bunches at that price. And nice burn time. More than enough for many shows.

They will look great in my moonbase modules and space monorail station.

Thanks very much for the link.

Steve Weiser

Yes, thank you for the link - I have a Lee Valley near my house and will definitely be buying a bunch of these for my space and castle creations.

Regards,

Nick M. Gill